Winter covers...what do I need?

Our ridiculously short summer is coming to a close, I'm hoping for above average temps in September again otherwise our pool is quickly turning into a polar plunge. I need to get winterizing stuff ordered so it's here when we reach that point. I think I've got the chemical part of it down, shock, keep it at shock level 24hrs and add an algacide. I need help with the cover! Too many options. Do I need air pillows, how do I make sure it stays put with 50+ mph winds occasionally, go with most expensive or midrange or cheap...you know the typical first timer stuff!

The pool is between our small house and a giant metal shed but neither of them do much for blocking the wind so it gets some good wind hitting it. It can get as cold as -40 with wind chills and there is a lot of dust and leaves that blow around and land in it (we almost always have a ring of dirt to clean around the pool even with a solar cover on it)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.