The Top 10 Reasons to Convert from Baquacil to BBB

Bossm4n

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2008
Houston
10. The conversion process is simple and is not expensive.

9. You can get all the supplies needed for the conversion at the grocery store or hardware store.

8. There is great information and support for the BBB system in case you need help.

7. The test kits for BBB pools are accurate.

6. Your pool water will look better than it ever has previously.

5. Your pool will continue to look better than it ever has previously.

4. The daily/weekly maintenance is much easier than with Baq.

3. You save money because the chemicals are much less expensive. (Not just a little money either)

2. Your water will smell and taste better than if you were using Baq.

1. The BBB method does not ruin the taste of beer like Baquacil does. (This is not a joke or an exaggeration. Something in one of the Baq chemicals ruins the taste of beer)

Having just converted a little over a month ago, I can vouch for #2-#10. Never mixed Baq w/ beer, so not sure about #1. hehheh

#5 and #6 still continue to amaze me. With Baq, I think the longest stretch I was able to keep the water semi-clear was about two weeks. After that, some green gunk would develop in a corner (esp. after a series of very hot days outside). I'd brush it up, add more algicide, and then the water would stay hazy until I got tired of it and floc'ed/vacuumed out the pool (which is major tedious work).

It's been about 5 weeks since I switched to BBB and the water has been CRYSTAL CLEAR the entire time. Nobody's hair has turned green or had their swimsuits fall apart, and none of the dogs that we beta tested with (they were the first to go in after the conversion was done) dissolved either.

Took a lot of bleach to convert, but I think I used about $15 max since the (over the last 5 weeks) keeping everything balanced.

Love BBB, love the pool school articles, and love the positive support from the great users of this forum!

My only issue with BBB is now that the water is so crystal clear, any debris on the bottom (leafs, etc) really stick out like a sore with. With my usual Baq. hazy water, they were easy to overlook. So now I swim around with the net a lot more keeping it clear.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.