Not sure what this is

ajpslp

Jul 14, 2012
For last 3 weeks I have the scaly type stuff shown below in my hot tub. I use bromine and shock to keep my tub clean. I went to store they said liquid shock it and run it for 24 hours. Did this but ran it for about 10 hours. Then put in spa boss spa swirl. Any ideas , thought it was scaling pool guy said could be water mold. Also how do u get rid of it forever , did 2 water changes 3 weeks ago and still in tub ?? any help is good .looks like scales and can't seem to get attachment to post

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 89
For last 3 weeks I have the scaly type stuff shown below in my hot tub. I use bromine and shock to keep my tub clean. I went to store they said liquid shock it and run it for 24 hours. Did this but ran it for about 10 hours. Then put in spa boss spa swirl. Any ideas , thought it was scaling pool guy said could be water mold. Also how do u get rid of it forever , did 2 water changes 3 weeks ago and still in tub ?? any help is good .looks like scales and can't seem to get attachment to post

Looks like something I've been fighting for a while now, and it's a pain in the ***. I took over maintenance after a family member somewhat neglected it. IMO, one of 2 things happened; calcium deposits or biofilm. I've flushed the plumbing and super-chlorinated the tub countless times, but there's still little white particles and even some bigger ones like your picture when I blow out the lines, especially the waterfall feature. That's where I believe my issue stems from. Anyway, I would test the pieces by putting them in separate dishes, one with vinegar and the other with bleach. If it's organic, the bleach should destroy it and the vinegar should dissolve if it's calcium. I finally got my hands on some ahh-some bio/gunk flush today and it flushed the most crud I've ever seen. I'm going to flush again tomorrow and hope the tub is finally perfect.

What's the story behind your tub? How was the maintenance prior to 3 weeks ago?

Looks like something I've been fighting for a while now, and it's a pain in the ***. I took over maintenance after a family member somewhat neglected it. IMO, one of 2 things happened; calcium deposits or biofilm. I've flushed the plumbing and super-chlorinated the tub countless times, but there's still little white particles and even some bigger ones like your picture when I blow out the lines, especially the waterfall feature. That's where I believe my issue stems from. Anyway, I would test the pieces by putting them in separate dishes, one with vinegar and the other with bleach. If it's organic, the bleach should destroy it and the vinegar should dissolve if it's calcium. I finally got my hands on some ahh-some bio/gunk flush today and it flushed the most crud I've ever seen. I'm going to flush again tomorrow and hope the tub is finally perfect.

What's the story behind your tub? How was the maintenance prior to 3 weeks ago?

My spa is about 3 1/2 years old and was running great up until this time. It started about A month ago. Shocked it a few times and looks
Like it worked a bit but still have the
Floating stuff once in awhile. I use bromine to chlorinate the spa with the enhanced shock. I think the chemicals probably went out of balance for awhile and never realized it although I do test it 2x a week. Peoe
Suggest ahh some to clean out tub but must order it online it seems

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.