H150 Pool Heater Ignite problems....

Aug 26, 2014
Chicago
:confused:

For he past couple years my dad has had problems with his pool heater. Sometimes we could bang on it and then it would start up. I have heard of pressure switch problems... But maybe it could be a bad thermostat? When we jumper the TH & PG (I think those were the two), it would make it fire up and most of the times after that it would stay running. Sometimes it just runs good, then all of a sudden shuts off even though thermostat was set at max and pool for sure wasn't as hot as it should be for a max setting. Any ides or tests that can be done to pinpoint the problem part?

Thanks.

Well I can say for sure that banging on it isn't going to help matters but can make it worse. Please provide more info on the heater. Does it have a digital display or dial(s)?

Yes I know ... LOL... Anyways here is a picture I found that looks like the one my dad has.. No digital dials. All analog.

14858626080_f8924c9304_s.jpg

Well I can say for sure that banging on it isn't going to help matters but can make it worse. Please provide more info on the heater. Does it have a digital display or dial(s)?

Yeah you need to get a copy of the manual if you don't already have it and run thru the troubleshooting portion and figure out what's going on. You will need a volt/ohm meter to help you do the troubleshooting. You could have issues with the pilot, the gas valve, or one of the items in the safety circuit. Lots to look into.

Have you run through Hayward's troubleshooting flow chart? It's in the back of the heater manual.

Thanks. I found the manual I only tested TH to TH before. It appears it is the pressure switch. When I jump those it turns on. After removing the jumper it stays on sometimes but sometimes shuts back off after 10-20 seconds. Can these things be cleaned or is it better to just replace it?

Any ideas if there is any difference between the following part #'s ?

HAXPSA1930 Pressure Switch Asy
FDXLWPS1930

The HAXPSA1930 is what is listed in the manual, but when I searched for H150 Pressure Switch I found that other FDXLWPS1930 part for about $10 cheaper. The pictures of them look the same except the HAXPSA1930 has a copper fitting attached which I see is already on my current one..... So I wouldn't think I would need to replace that copper connector.....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.