Pillow under winter cover

Aug 12, 2011
Augusta, Kansas
We are planning on covering our pool this year. I would like to put some pillows down the center to help keep the water accumulation towards the sides so we can easily get to it (16x32 Intex - so rectangle shape). Oh and our pool is in a VERY windy location.

I had read either here or on another pool site where folks found that the official pool pillows tend to leak and just basiclly not work. There was a recommendation to use tractor tire inner tubes.

It seems like a good idea to hook a few of these together but wanted to see if anyone else had tried inner tubes.

Thoughts?
Diane

I never used one as a pillow replacement - but it sounds like a good idea.

When I was a kid, my neighbor worked for a bus company. He had a half dozen or so of them that he used to use as inner tubes in his pool. They worked great (but got hot in the sun). As JVTrain said, keep those valve stems down - we learned that quickly.

In hindsight, I am suprised that none of us ever hurt outselves on them. They are also very "bouncy" - we used to stack them up and jump off the diving board and try and land on them. By all rights we should have cracked out heads open on the coping multiple times. That was safety in the 70's for you.

-dave

Every year I take the rattiest 1-2 air mattresses that are still holding air, roll them while inflated, and tie them with a piece of nylon cord. Do this a week before closing so that I can tell if they have a slow leak - cheapest most reliable air pillows I have found!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.