FINALLY lowered p.h. - t.a. next

hey pool gurus, delfargo here. here's the story as of this morning...
fc - 11
cc - 0
ph - 7
ta - 310
ch - 170
cya - 45
finally got my p.h. down last night. guess i wasn't using enough acid. dumped 2 gallons in and - BINGO - got 'er down to 7.0, as i was advised to do because my t.a. was so high. it was suggested here that the high t.a. may be the root of my cloudy pool. here's my question - the only way i know of to get the t.a. down is by aeration, right? so i figured i'll turn the return "eyeball" around pointing up to get the ol' bubbles going. so, how long will it take, do you think, to get t.a. down to a reasonable level? also, i've always been under the impression that the eyeball needs to be pointed down and to the right to get the water moving for proper filtration. so if the eyeball is up to help get my t.a. down, wouldn't that also hinder filtering out my cloud ?
catch 22, or am i missing something? AHHHHHRRRGGGG !!! i've been fighting this pool all summer, and i only have about a month of swim time left. i need to get this figured out a.s.a.p. thanx for your help oh gurus of the pool !!!

you lower TA by dropping the pH. When pH comes down so does TA. Aeration raises pH without raising TA. You repeat this process until the TA is as low as you want it.

It's a process that you'll have to repeat, with TA that high....You'll have to take turns with adding MA and aerating. Kids splashing away is also great aeration. The better the source of aerating the faster the process, which is why people make homemade aerators out of PVC or buy fountains. Keep the bubbles going and test frequently, adding MA to lower the PH to 7.0 again, over and over, until the TA is in range.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.