Leaf Net Cover??

I've used a leaf net only for the last 2 yrs. I have tons of pines and oaks surrounding my pool. The pine needles get stuck and still go through the net and somehow leaves still find their way into the pool all though I have it anchored down pretty well. Looking for an inexpensive solid cover this year but not sure how to keep the water and trash off the top.

Thanks "smforte", not the answer I was hoping for though.
Guess I was looking for, Greatest thing I ever got, Never would have thought it could work so well.
Between the pine needles, hunks of Spanish moss, and leaves from every tree in 2 square miles making our pool ground zero I seem to spend an inordinate amount of time fishing all this crud out.
I`ve got a net ordered and on it`s way-should have asked first, ordered second-but such is life,eh?
If it can keep half of the debris out, that will be a minor victory and who knows, maybe that will end up being just enough to satisfy me.
If I come up with any improvements that boost the effectiveness, I`ll be sure to post it up, right after I finish my happy dance.
Thanks,
John

Thanks "smforte", not the answer I was hoping for though.
Guess I was looking for, Greatest thing I ever got, Never would have thought it could work so well.
Between the pine needles, hunks of Spanish moss, and leaves from every tree in 2 square miles making our pool ground zero I seem to spend an inordinate amount of time fishing all this crud out.
I`ve got a net ordered and on it`s way-should have asked first, ordered second-but such is life,eh?
If it can keep half of the debris out, that will be a minor victory and who knows, maybe that will end up being just enough to satisfy me.
If I come up with any improvements that boost the effectiveness, I`ll be sure to post it up, right after I finish my happy dance.
Thanks,
John

Thinking of getting a large tarp and using the net over that and remove the net from time to time with the leaves etc. . I can so relate to all the leaves and mess. I often ask what dummy would build a pool under 30 pine and oak trees...then I ask myself...what DUMMY would BUY a house with pool under all the trees...yep that be me. I am married to my pool and spend an enormous amount of time dipping all the **** out. . Sometimes I feel my leaf pole is permanently attached to my hands.

Well I have had a completely different experience. I have a leaf net and I absolutely love the heck out of it. It is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I bought it last fall and didn't close my pool during the winter. I only used the leaf net.

I will absolutely be putting it on when the leaves start to turn this year. I also use it for any time we are supposed to have strong thunderstorms and I've used it this summer a couple times when we've gone on vacation and had my mom just coming over to add daily bleach.

The neighbors with the house behind mine have an evil Bradford Pear tree in their yard. It drops stuff in my pool year round. Fall and winter is leaves, early spring starts with the flower petals and full flowers then onto late spring through summer with the remnants of the flowers which look like blackberries with no juicy stuff. Now we are in mid to late summer and it is dropping the "pears" which are pretty much like green marbles that fall directly to the bottom of the pool and roll around with the current.

Here's a few pictures!

This one is from the fall when I put it on for the first time.

Here's how it looked when the leaves started falling.

Here's how the pool looked this spring when we had a strong thunderstorm and I ran out of time before work to put it on. :(

Here is my arch nemesis.

It is relatively easy to put on and take off and I've even figured out how to zip tie it on the sides by my ladder so I don't have to remove the ladder to use it. (I've only done this on the 2 times I went out of town. If I were to put it on for a storm I think it'd be fine unless it was a tropical storm/hurricane. I am just paranoid when I'm on vacation and didn't want mom to have to figure it out if it starting coming loose because of the ladder.)

Some extra info:

When it's on I usually use my leaf net skimmer to clean everything off somewhat regularly. It is nice because the skimmer gets heavy for me when I am reaching towards the center of the pool and I can sort of rest it on the net a little which helps with the weight of the pole/skimmer.

Small stuff does go through but it stops most of the leaves and the petals and most of the stupid berry looking things. I can vacuum without taking the net off and I even vacuumed a few times last year during the winter. I just loosen the wire that holds it and lift the side of the net up to stick the vacuum under and after I do a section I move around lifting up another part and throwing the original part back over the edge so I only have a little off at a time.

There you go. That's my leaf net review! :)

This should be a link to the net I bought. I posted a review there too. :)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002WKF9ZW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm in the same boat as Berns......we love ours and use it frequently. We've used one for about 3 years now from In The Swim. It will let some of the smaller items into the pool, however does cut down on the time spent vacuuming up the leaves. It really pays for itself for us each Spring opening the pool. We first put the winter cover over the water, then the leaf net over that cover. Once a month in the fall and early spring we'll quickly pull it off and clean off everything. Our pool is 19x35 and I'm able to take it off and put it back on myself for the most part.

Thanks Been and Leebo for your experience.
Really liked the pics Been.
Got the net the other day and will be giving it a go soon.
I`ve been playing with the idea of hooks.
There are 12 uprights around the pool and was thinking of a hook on each.
Thinking I could toss the net in and hook-n-pull my way around the pool.
Not sure if only 12 hooks would keep it in place, but it seems to me as a good place to start.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
:pWoooHoooo....It works.
The hooks will be fine, but not the ones I bought.
They were the "Command" hooks that won`t damage the surface when removed. They also will not stick to the surface I wanted them to.:(
Out of the 12, 2 popped off before I got all the way around the pool.
I can still use the hook portion, with epoxy as the bonding agent, I think I have a winner-winner-chicken dinner.
Looked out a while ago and 2 more hooks have popped off, but the net has a mass of leaves and those long leaf pine needles in the net, not in the pool.
So far, I couldn`t be happier......well, with how the net works anyway.

So glad I read this thread...just bought a leaf cover for my 24ft this year. They look like they have quite a bit of room that go down the sides that I may just be able to fit it right over the top of my ladder too...winning! My beloved solar cover bit the dust this year but they are a pain when the leaves start falling as by the time I get it off the pool most of the leaves that were on top of it end up in the pool anyways. Leaves are just starting to turn here in mid-Michigan so won't be long before they're flying thru the air.

ok, you've sold me!! Was just looking at them on Amazon...seems like a good investment!! We end up loosing our cover half way through the season and the leaves and such end up in the pool anyway. Maybe this will be easier to keep clean.
This is where I got mine
http://www.intheswim.com/Pool-Openi...inter-Pool-Covers/Above-Ground-Leaf-Catchers/
Not really an endorsement, but they sent me what I ordered in a pretty timely manner..huh, that does kind of sound like an endorsement.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.