Possible broken plumbing

Apr 15, 2012
South Dakota
Loosing 1-2 inches of water a day whether the pump is on or not. I am assuming it is a break in the plumbing. Could the pool not have been closed properly last fall?

I noticed something wrong when vacuuming and hardly any suction then last week I got in the pool and noticed the water level was a few inches below normal. Filled it to the line and the next day it was down a few inches. Plugged the skimmer with the winter plug, filled the pool to the line and left the pump off over night. The next day the water level dropped 1-2 inches.

I noticed when shut the pump and closed both valves (Skimmer and Main) to keep pressure in the lines I can hear water running out of the line.

You can verify where it is if you believe it's in the lines (other than the main drain) by plugging the returns and the skimmer outlet hole manually with expansion or screw in plugs. I'd plug them all (isolate main drain) when you're not needing to circulate and monitor the water level and work your way through each line.

Can you be more specific about where you're hearing water running with pump off? Just water draining sounds at the equipment pad?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.