want off the pool store merry-go-round

Welcome!
I actually like taking care of the pool now. Once you get everything right its pretty easy to keep it that way. The only thing I noticed is that my kids turned into pool snobs. They go over a friends house and swim in their pool once, come home and say that pool isn't right.

Good, I thought I was the only one that silently critiqued other's pool when over at friends, relatives pools.

So far my brother is the only one that has taken me up on any offer of help with his pool. Everyone else seems happy to spend hundreds on chemicals every year and keep a blind eye to the pool chemistry.

One thing that I've always found funny is that people can't believe that I would get an expensive test kit, but yet they will get a $5 test kit (or strips) and then spend hundreds on unnecessary chemicals that they could have avoided if they had the right test kit.
:scratch: :hammer:

DaveNJ said:
Welcome!
I actually like taking care of the pool now. Once you get everything right its pretty easy to keep it that way. The only thing I noticed is that my kids turned into pool snobs. They go over a friends house and swim in their pool once, come home and say that pool isn't right.

That is so funny! My kids do the exact same thing. They love to comment on how their friends' pools are as clear as their own!