Unknown skimmer ? No float valve.

Aug 25, 2014
Montreal
Hi everyone !

(first sorry for my English, this isn't my first language...)

I recently bought a house close from Montréal (Québec, Canada). There's a 20ftx40ft pool in the garden and I'm trying to learn how to use it properly...

I think that I've understand how the sand filter and the pump work but I've also realized that a part of my skimmer might be missing (the weir door was missing but I replaced it)... This is a combo skimmer, but I don't have the float valve that comes with it normally so there's no way for me to use just the main drain of the pool...

Here's an annotated photo of the interior of my skimmer:
IMG_20140825_083721.jpg

As noted on the photos there's an unknown thing next to the 2 holes, it doesn't seem to move in any direction and I've no idea what it's here for, all I know is that it might prevent me from using a regular float valve like this one:
images.jpg

I don't really know if I need a valve like this, but to me it looks like my only option if I want to bypass the skimmer and use the main drain only... That or a U-shaped pipe connecting both holes together...

Does someone have any idea of what this model of skimmer is and what I should do ? The lid seems to say that it's a Jacuzzi model but the guy at the local pool store have never seen this model :(.

Thanks in advance for your help !

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.