Color LED light

Steve

Jul 9, 2007
South Florida
I currently have a small Sunlite light and niche on the side wall of my pool. I am looking at upgrading that to a color LED model. I am limited because it is a small niche so I can only put a spa light in it. I am looking for the brightest color LED system in the spa form factor. After brightness, reliability and performance would be other desired factors. Which light would you recommend between the Colorlogic, Intellibrite and SAVI (or other?) light and why? Thanks!

While I can't offer any comparison for brightness. I am very happy with my Intellibrite LED light. I have had mine for two years, have it on every night for 3 hours 365 days a year, love the "light show" color changes and the different "shows" that it offers. I intial cost is high, but pay back is very quick in reduced electric costs and frequency of replacement.

hodapmj,

I am pricing a new pool now and notice in your sig line that you have a 22x40 Fox Lagoon pool. That is the same pool that we are looking at, so I have a few questions for you about your light....
- Where do you have it placed? Under the diving board?
- Is one LED enough? Was concerned because of the curves in the pool walls.
- If I install mine under the diving board, it will be pointing towards my house. Will that be a concern if I am looking out the windows of my house towards the pool? (kind of a blinding effect?)

Thanks in advance, I am real excited about the Lagoon pool!

I just have one pool light and one spa light. It is under the diving board. I am not disappointed in the amount of light it cast throughout the pool. As for wishing I had an additional light, I haven't even given it a thought. If you are like me, you will be using on one of the seven color shows that it produces, so the diminishing light affect goes un-noticed because of the deep, rich ever-changing colors that fill the pool and the gradual decrease in light looks like it should be doing it.

Now for you question of it "blinding" you from the house. Mine doesn't point towards the house, but I would think once again, you will NOT be using it on WHITE color program. The rich deep colors of the LED light shows, while bright will not give you a "blinding" effect. I am so pleased with this light system and would have to say is one my favorite features.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.