Are there any truss-reinforced spa covers?

Jun 1, 2014
Gilman, WI
It seems a common death of spa covers is that eventually the thing loses strength in its spine along the hinge, and starts drooping until it collapses into the tub. Time for a new cover.

Though it doesn't sound like a hard problem to solve.. just build a triangle truss structure inside each half of the cover, with compression and tension beams..

Rs28ygc.png

Does anyone make spa covers like this? It seems like an easy way to get ... a long-lived Trouble-Free Spa™... :D

If the truss tensioning was done with a cable around the large triangle shape, it'd be possible to re-cinch it tighter over time with tensioning bolts, as things start to sag from age.

Mine has a 1.5in strip of galvanized steel imbedded in the foam on both sides of the hinge. When i had it built I was told it would support a grown man, that never happened but i did have to run my son and 3 friends off of it once. BTW the were all Freshmen and had been told not to get on it many times... Hard Headed Boy's!!! It's now 10 years old and still going strong.

Mine has a 1.5in strip of galvanized steel imbedded in the foam on both sides of the hinge. When i had it built I was told it would support a grown man, that never happened but i did have to run my son and 3 friends off of it once. BTW the were all Freshmen and had been told not to get on it many times... Hard Headed Boy's!!! It's now 10 years old and still going strong.

I would like to know where you bought this one. We have had a few different spas and the cover is always the first thing to fail, and in a LOT less than 1" years.
Thanks
B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.