This is a long shot, but.....

Nov 3, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Here goes. I have a Raypak RP1200 heater that has worked fine other than the LED (?) display was impossible to read. I decided to try racing the membrane switch decal that has a thin layer of plastic that covers the display and also has the mode button and the temperature up and down buttons. I replaced it today but when I took the heater apart, I discovered it was the display itself and not the decal.

Looking at the display, it seemed to have a thick plastic cover over it that was distorted, dirty and blackened. Here is a picture.

Using WD40 and some alcohol, I was able to get the gummy stuff off the display to the point it looked fairly clean and I was pretty optimistic that I would be able to see the display clearly. I put it all back together and turned on the switch. NOTHING!!!!! No display whatsoever!

I don't know if I wired something incorrectly or I destroyed the display trying to remove the plastic film and clean it.

I wonder if it is possible just to solder in a new display? Problem is I don't see a part number.

Any ideas?

Unfortunately the display is shot. This is typical on the older boards. If you can find just the display module you might be able to unsolder the old and then solder the new one on. I've never had luck doing this in the past on other boards.

Good luck and if you can't find the part you can surely buy a replacement board off of Ebay.

On my old RP2100 the displays last about a year. When the display got hot you can't see anything. The last newer board I had had a white display back round which was ok. I replaced my RP2100 heater with a new one last year. I have a remote system so I read everything on the remote system and never look at the control board. The LCD readouts they use are not good.

Billrector, does your display have a ribbon cable that goes thru the board to the black socket in the back? And it also has the red/black wire from the display to the back of the board?

Look on the side of the board that has all of the resistors and down in the corner by the name Raypak there is a P/N and some numbers. Are the numbers 601769?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.