more questions

Aug 1, 2008
Below are my most recent results of water testing from the pool center. I was told to add some more acid to lower the pH, my salt levels were good but my chlorine was low, so maybe I'd need to clean the SWG?? My water looks clear, but the bottom seems to have yellowish/brownish settlement almost like dots? Any suggestions?? They vac up but they are stubborn in some areas.

Your CYA is way too low for a pool in S. FL! Raise it to about 70-80 ppm. The dots are algae, you can kill it by shocking the pool with bleach. Please check out these two threads on water balance for SWGs.
category/pool-school/water_balance_saltwater_generator
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3663
You will find them helpful and also read the pool school section of the forum!
category/pool-school/

The Zodiac pacer is made for above ground pools. For the price difference (Where I work the G4 is only $50 more than a G3) I would go with the G4 over the G3 if you are considering a suction side cleaner (or a Hayward Navigator).

results from store Aug 7th
Total Alkalinity 100
pH 7.9
Cyanuric Acid 30
Total Hardness 390
Total Free Chlorine 0.8

I took the results off my signature but wanted to post them so the above message made sense....

I have added acid, and I cleaned the pool, skimmer and the filter...I see that there is white buildup on my SWG cell, should I clean the cell or is that just salt built up??

Hope I'm finally posting correctly.

suzannemomof3 said:
results from store Aug 7th
Total Alkalinity 100
pH 7.9
Cyanuric Acid 30
Total Hardness 390
Total Free Chlorine 0.8

I took the results off my signature but wanted to post them so the above message made sense....

I have added acid, and I cleaned the pool, skimmer and the filter...I see that there is white buildup on my SWG cell, should I clean the cell or is that just salt built up??

Hope I'm finally posting correctly.
You need to clean the cell, that white buildup is calcium. Those test results look like they were done with test strips (strips only test total hardness and not calcium hardness, total hardness is sort of a useless test). Test results from strips are suspect, they are not the most precise way to test. Find a place that tests with liquid reagents (either Taylor or LaMotte) and get some decent test results or get your own test kit and test the water yourself. If your testing was done with strips, even if read in a strip reader I would NOT trust the CYA test at all but if your CYA is truly 30 ppm it is way too low for a salt pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.