Miami, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Hi, I'm surprised to not see any posts about the mx8 in this section.
Are there few mx8 owners? Is the cleaner unpopular?

Any input is appreciated. I'm tired of seeing my old Navigator not climb and not clean properly. I've replaced some parts, and the behavior continues. I inherited this cleaner with the house, and perhaps it's time to replace it.

There are a lot posts about that cleaner. Although I would recommend The Pool Cleaner for a suction cleaner. The mx8 would be second in my book.

Jb- thank you, and can you kindly elaborate why you prefer the poolcleaner over the mx8? They both look solid and are closey priced (mx8 is cheaper with the rebate). The mx8 looks to have more moving parts, although both diagrams look similar. The tires on the poolcleaner seem to last longer based on what I've read in threads. I read that the pc climbs walls, although it's tough to visualize it because the cleaner is so tall in comparison to the mx8. The pc looks tall and heavy, but i like the fact that you don't have to get proprietary hoses and connectors.

When I was thinking of getting a suction cleaner, these were the 2 in the running. I have just seen more threads in the last year of problems with the mx8 than the Pool Cleaner. Also the Pool CLeaner requires lower flow rates so could keep skimming at the same time.

thank you again jb

There are a lot of very mixed reviews about the MX8. Few love and adore it, and few have had issues after some time. The mx8 is presently $30 or so cheaper, which is not a huge difference.
And again, the proprietary hoses that the mx8 requires is frustrating since we all have regular hoses lying around that we might want to use. I like the fact that the PC requires low flow rates. I have a 1.5hp single speed pump, and with my Navigator now, I can't skim and get good suction on the Navigator. If the PC can achieve that, then it's definitely a good point; I saw videos of the pc, and that suction opening looks pretty small, but I'm sure it suctions fine.
I will continue to deliberate and hopefully I will decide soon.

I have a dolphin premier robotic cleaner, the thing is amazing! Gets the pool spotless, down to the smallest particles.

20x40 IG Vinyl 35k gal, Hayward 24" Sand filter, Built fall of 2013, Single Speed Jandy 1.5hp Pump, Southwest Part of MI

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.