Ahh-some treatment

Except that, being kind of an oh, well, I'll just say "OCD" personality myself, the crud in the shop vac hose would drive me nuts, and then I'd be buying more Ahh-Some to clean the Shop Vac with! :p

Haha, I thought about that too. The thing is, you're only using suction for the time being, so it doesn't really matter. After the fact and before I blew the lines dry, I detached the vacuum hose and used the jet setting on the garden hose to rinse it clean. I also rinsed out the the container and the underside of the vacuum. Quite a process overall.

JVTrain,

I'm about to order the product as per your recommendation. There are two sizes available ( 2oz or 6oz). Is the smaller format more than enough for multiple treatments or would it be wise to order the 6oz right off the bat? Thanks

Depends on the tub. How old is it, was maintence kept up with, what kind of problems are you seeing, have you used spa flushes in the past...etc

I would buy the 6oz based solely on value. 2oz = ~$20 and the 6oz is on amazon right now for $26.94. No brainer if I was buying today.

Haha, I thought about that too. The thing is, you're only using suction for the time being, so it doesn't really matter. After the fact and before I blew the lines dry, I detached the vacuum hose and used the jet setting on the garden hose to rinse it clean. I also rinsed out the the container and the underside of the vacuum. Quite a process overall.

Depends on the tub. How old is it, was maintence kept up with, what kind of problems are you seeing, have you used spa flushes in the past...etc

I would buy the 6oz based solely on value. 2oz = ~$20 and the 6oz is on amazon right now for $26.94. No brainer if I was buying today.

I realize this was posted a few years ago, but has the price of Ahh-Some gone up that much? I see it now for like $55 CAD for 2oz. Seems very expensive.

Other products such as Swirl Away and Spa System Flush do not do nearly the same degree of thorough cleaning that Ahh-Some does (see Seaklear Vs Ahh-Some Test Results and Spa Purge Product Shootout). If you do an additional Ahh-Some treatment with another drain/refill you will eventually get to not removing anything else. If you've never used it before, then it could take 2-3 cycles to remove all junk but after that only a single application would be needed only when you change the water and with proper chlorine maintenance you won't see that much when you do use it on water changes (though you will see some -- depends on the amount of lotions and skin oil that gets stuck on spa surfaces).

If you want to clean your cartridges separately, there is a different Ahh-Some product for that purpose. I think the main difference is in strength/concentration since the filters are cleaned separately from the general spa and often has more junk than in the general spa.

I read this about the product Ahh-Some will stabilize TA and PH is it true since you refer to as a cleaning product for spas?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.