CH 550-600

Today

FC 8
CC. 0
PH 7.2
TA. 60
CYA. 60:party::party:
CH 490

Obviously I have drained water over the past year. I guess well over half the total refill over time was rain as I am against wasting water in the desert. We have had 4-5 inches of rain in August, as we'll as a few in July. I am so happy it has gone as I hoped.

Besides CYA down to where I want it with all the sunshine we get here in Tucson, the CH has also dropped.

With a Pebbletec pool (plaster underneath I imagine) and CH of 490 is my CSI of around .38 preferable or is my TA too low?

I'm not getting a CSI anywhere close to 0.38 with your new numbers unless I use a temp of ~185F. Can you please check?

I would advise keeping TA as it is. Higher TA would contribute to higher pH and a combination of increased TA and pH pushes your CSI nearer to scaling, more so than temperature alone.

I still get .37 CSI with my numbers,

Tucson%2520CSI.JPG

I stand by my original recommendation of leaving TA as it is. CSI is still within recommended range and taking your location into account, CH would accumulate if you top up your pool with municipal water.

Thanks, I appreciate the confirmation. I only measured fill water here once but it was 100. Another reason I prefer to try and go slow and fill with rainwater whenever I can

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.