Jets not working after pump installed

Aug 21, 2014
Spanaway/WA
I just had a new pump installed in my hot tub. Tub was drained to allow the pump to be removed and replaced. I have water coming out of some of the jets and not out of the others.
Would I still go to the unions to bleed the air from the system? There is a vent on the pump which is supposed to allow air to escape.
Any information will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bob

Were they all working before the new pump? Are all the jets open?

Many tubs have jets with outer rings that can be twisted clockwise to close them individually. Check the ones that aren't flowing and try to twist the outer rings counter-clockwise.

It the new pump the only pump? I have a 7 person Morgan spa and it has two pumps. One pump is a two speed and takes care of most of the seated jets and a single speed pump takes care of lounge jets and large circulating jet near bottom of spa. Maybe you have a second pump that was unplugged in the install of the new one?

Hi,
I wish it were that easy. I do have a second pump but it is currently doing what it was before the new pump was installed. It takes care of the lounge and some of the seated spa jets. The new two speed pump takes care of the jets on the right side of the spa and one down low jet at the bottom, so four sets of jets. The set of jets at the far back right and the set in the middle of the right side are working. The set in the corner closest to the pump and the down low jet are not working. I have a "Sweetwater Palermo" spa.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.