PH a little low confirm my thinking

Jul 6, 2013
Waxahachie, Tx.
Hey everyone I just want to say thanks first of all to those who have helped me with my first pool experiences. Things have gone pretty smooth so far. My pool water has been and still is crystal clear.
My latest test results today are as follows.
FC 3
PH 7.0
TA 120
CYA 60
Salt 3300
Wtr temp 89

Should I wait to see if my PH will come back into the 7.4 range due to the natural areation of the salt generator , or should I raise it with washing soda/ soda ash?
According to pool math I need to add 15oz of WA/SA which will also raise my TA by 15, would the TA going to 135 be too high?
Or use 30 oz borax, which will only raise my TA by 8.4, but then I am adding borate to the pool. Will the borate thing cause issues in the long run, or should not even pay attention to the borate level
What's the best approach.

Not sure on how the lower PH came to be. However I did add 3 oz of dichlor on the 14th raise my low FC level. Pool math said it would lower PH by.07. And only minimal affect to my CYA. So since I did not have any bleach to offset the FC level thats what I used.
Did not test CH, but can go do that.
I have made a temporay fountain at one of my returns for areation.

- - - Updated - - -

My CH has been in the range of 220 all year. Will post latest results soon

I was wondering hat your concerns were on the CH
So how do you think it will take to start seeing a PH rise. ? I basically found a piece of hose that would fit into one of the return jets and proped it above the water level. I also know that a spray affect would be faster. But used what I had on hand

If the CH is low combined with a low pH the potential for etching plaster is a concern. With your numbers that would be a concern in a plaster pool and would put more of an urge to raise the pH quicker.

With your aeration and a higher TA level the pH should raise fast enough without needing to add any chemicals. How fast it is going to raise depends on how much aeration and how long the SWG on time is. Test a couple times a day for now to make sure you don't raise it too high.

Checked PH this morning around 10AM, it was 8.0.
Between the SWG natural ability to raise PH, some swimmer activity yesterday along with using a homemade areator, all this probably explains why its high. I wil test it again near the end of the day this evening and see where
it at.

- - - Updated - - -

And could have been boarder line 7.8 depending on the lighting and angle read.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.