Wildlife had a Wild Party

JVTrain

TFP Expert
Feb 3, 2014
Central Minnesota
I had tested the pool last night and dosed with bleach. Everything looked fine. It is hitting the "dog days" up around here where dew points hover around the low 70s and temps at night are about the same. Dew basically collects on you at night sometimes these days the air is so humid. Well apparently that means party time for the critters in my neighborhood. This morning I gave the pool a looking over before heading to work. Normally, I find a frog or two and maybe a mouse per week in the pool (live or dead). What I saw this morning was: 5 dead frogs in skimmers, 2 live frogs in pool with one of them being a about the size of a desert plate, 1 dead mouse in skimmer, 12 crickets in skimmers and about 5000 gnats floating on the surface. I wrangled the live frog with my skimmer net after some disgreement between us about where he belonged and dipped out the rest of the casualties then skimmed off a good portion of the insects (my daughter can get the rest while I'm at work). Also on my trip to grab some bleach to up the FC just a smidge after this critter shindig, another dead mouse greeted me in the center of my garage! I think the wildlife knows that summer is dwindling just as well us the rest of us Minnesotans and are getting their partying done before it's over.

Same here in central Illinois. Not a day worth swimming in last month +. Too cold, now 95 but raining and lightning.

The mice are a 1" hole in my auto over fabric last year in the pit. I kill as many as possible now. Along with ground squirrels and snakes. My wife will get the frogs and birds out of the pool. Snakes not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.