Local Liquid Chlorine Price Increase

sefrlw

Mar 25, 2008
Wake Forest, NC
I went to get my 10 gallons(2 5 gallon cans) today. Paid $12ish as usual. Notice on the desk of an increase to $14.00 Sept 1st and then on Jan. 1st an increase to $17.

So what is everyone else seeing for 5 gallons of 12.5% and are you being notified of an increase?

My supplier for 5 gallons of 12.5% went up to a bit over $12.00. I think I'll just be buying gallons of bleach that's a bit closer to my house.

dan

gonefishin said:
My supplier for 5 gallons of 12.5% went up to a bit over $12.00. I think I'll just be buying gallons of bleach that's a bit closer to my house.

dan
$2.40 per gallon of 12.5% is equivalent to 89 cents for a 96-ounce (3/4 gallon) jug of chlorine of $1.78 for a 1.5 gallon jug of 6% bleach (which is 6.17% trade, equivalent to the 12.5% number for chlorinating liquid). I doubt that you'll find such a good deal on bleach. Of course, I'm not factoring in your cost of driving to get it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm getting HASA 12.5% (fresh) from a near by local pool store for $10.99 for 4 gallons. It's generally much over 12.5% as it's filled within 50 miles of the store and shipped in on a regular basis. They claim it's filled with 18%, and I honestly don't doubt that. It would have to be filled with higher for them to say it's really 12.5% when you purchase it, otherwise it would start to fall below 12.5%. I've noticed my bleach demand going way down using it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.