Jandy Aquapure 1400

Aug 18, 2014
Destrehan, LA
My Jandy Aquapure 1400 is not producing chlorine. The only indicator light on is the "cell reversing" and of course the power light. Not showing any errors. LCD shows "no flow". I had the cell change last year but the pool guy did not change the cell sensor because he said it was not necessary. Could this be a problem with my circuit boards or my cell sensor? Thanks

Welcome to TFP!

First question is, is there plenty of flow through the returns? If the flow has been reduced to below the requirements then the no flow is doing its job.

Are the cell and sensor clean?

Most of the times when everything is clean and there is good flow, the sensor is the problem and needs to be replaced. Before replacing the sensor, does it plug in to a small adapter board? If so there is a small button on the board that is used for calibration. After the system has been up and running for at least 5 minutes, push and hold this button for 10 seconds and the system will recalibrate and this sometimes fixes the no flow error. If this doesn't work then a new sensor should fix the problem.

I cleaned the sensor (look okay no scale or rust at all ) and the flow and cell indicator lights came on for a few minutes and then went off again. I do have the adapter board for the sensor, held the small button for 10 second a green light on the board came on for a second and then went off. Should that green light stay on? Went back after waiting 15 minutes, held the small button for 10 seconds green light stayed on and the cell and flow indicator lights on working again. Will check it through out the day and will post back. If this continues does this sound more like the sensor and not the front or back boards?

- - - Updated - - -

Malcolmb, Are you referring to the small adapter board itself on the sensor?

Yes, I'm referring to the small adapter board that the sensor plugs into. Did the flow light come on and the no flow go away? If not, push the button on the small adapter board until the no flow goes away and the flow light turns on, might take more than 10 seconds.

If this fails, then you most likely need a new sensor. One last try might be to remove the adapter board and plug the sensor in where the adapter board plugs into the main board. I'm still not convinced that the adapter board is needed, but that is up to you to try. I've been running my Aquapure without the adapter board flawlessly for 8 months. I was off and on getting the no flow error and this fixed my problem. The adapter board is supposed to improve the signal from the sensor but I'm not sure that was working as it should with my system.

I found this posted in 2011 about the adapter board, "The Tri-Sensor Adapter Board is NOTrequired for every existing installation, and only specifically addresses the service codes 172, 181 or NO FLOW. The Tri-Sensor Adapter Board does NOT provide a resolution to other service codes that may be present".

I went back 45 minutes later and no indicator lights on and "no flow" light in LCD again. Appears it just stays on for a few minutes. I will try taking the adapter off and see what happens. Thank you so much for your help. Is the adapter hard to remove?

I unpluged the adapter board then plug into the main board. Now service light is on and error 172 and 186. Do you think this narrows it down to the Tri sensor needing to be replaced? I just hate to spend money on the sensor if it is the boards. Thanks again for all your help!

You might need to install or uninstall the jumper on the tri-sensor adapter board.

Check the firmware revision number by pushing the up arrow, down arrow and salinity button at the same time. If the numbers 02 11 0A 10 display consecutively, then you don't need the jumper. Otherwise, you need it.

Google Tri-sensor Adapter Installation Kit for the instructions.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.