"Rinse" setting on Jacuzzi sand filter with 7 function dial

Oct 7, 2013
Hello,

I have an older (early 2000's) jacuzzi sand filter with the DVK-7 multi port valve on top.
After backwashing the filter discharges some ultra fine crud back into the pool when it is set to filter again - it not a big deal, just annoying. I have read elsewhere here that the "rinse" feature on some valve setups can be used to return some water to waste just for this reason before directing to the pool.
does anyone know if this is case with this filter ?

I have also read a that one can install a 3 way diverter with a waste line on the main return to the pool to accomplish this purge function.

thanks in advance

I thought I was the only one with Jacuzzi parts. I think they went out of business a few years ago but not 100% sure. I couldnt find any parts when I looked a couple years ago.

Filter-Water goes in filter the regular way and through the return fitting.
Backwash-Water goes in filter backwards to backwash and through the backwash fitting.
Rinse-Water goes in fiter the regular way and through the backwash fitting. I always rinse for several seconds after backwash.
Drain-Water bypasses filter and throught the backwash fitting.
There are a couple more settings that I have no idea what they do. I cant even remember the names on it. Dont need them anyway. I think they something to do with a spa.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.