Complete Newb Needing Help

I just want to make a suggestion. When you start your SLAM if you start it at night when the sun is off the pool then all your shock level FC can work on the algae. The sun is taken out of the equation from consuming chlorine along with the algae. The first couple of days are the critical ones to get a good step up on the fight. If you could start it on Friday night and hit hard all weekend you'll have the upper hand on it.
Just my 0.02 !! ?

Thanks for the 2 cents. I followed your advice and waited to begin until last night after the sun went down. I'm 12 hours in.

One question... I read in the pool school threads that the ph test is not very accurate while SLAMing. I tested it (out of curiosity) and it's above 8.2. It would make sense that it's higher than when I started because of adding bleach, but is that too high? Should I be doing something to regulate the ph while SLAM is underway?

Thanks!

Your fine. The PH reads a false high with FC levels of 10 or more. No worries and no need to adjust it now.
Hit it hard and keep your FC level at shock level as best you can. Any questions don't hesitate to ask. ?

If it's a couple of ticks higher it's not a problem. You just don't want to go too high. You get out of the buffering range for the CYA level and it's just wasting bleach, get burned off quicker by the sun if it's a sunny day. A couple of ppm's above shock level is ok. ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.