Reading for a bit, just registered...

Aug 21, 2014
Lake City/Fl
Just registered because I have a problem. I'll state it here and you can tell me where to go. I mean where I should really post it. Had a tough time with the pool. Wasn't making chlorine. Salt cell was old so I replaced it. When I say old I mean 8 years. I have a Goldline aqua rite. Then no flow light solid, change the flow switch, why they originally installed it on the bottom of the T, 3 inches above the ground is beyond me. Super chlorinate, shock, vacuum, repeat. Now the pool is crystal clear, good water flow, Chems are perfect and the salt generator says it is generating. No Chlorine at all when it is tested. Still running it 24hrs a day at 85%.

Raebrek!!!

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

A SWG will not often raise the FC from 0. Could be that your CYA is too high and something is living in the water and consuming your FC or the CYA is too low and the sun is burning off the FC and/or again something is living in the water.

Pardon us if we do not put much stock into statements like "chems are perfect". Please post up a full set of test results, ideally from one of the Recommended Test Kits.

Sorry, maybe I should say the chems are perfectly where I think they should be? Does that help. I do go get the pool people to check them.
Chlorine 0.0
PH 7.4
Total Alkalinity 110
Calcium Hardness 325
Salt 3400
They have checked (The pool place where I get my testing done) for phosphates a few times because they have been a problem in the area but not in mine.
No before I annoy again, I will go adjust my signature.

Raebrek!!!

Ok, sorry I was sooooooo slow getting back to here. I was a little annoyed at the pool, how dare it look so good and have no chlorine. So building on what I have said already.
Recall I changed out the flow switch. I put the new cell in just before the flow switch change and never really had a working flow switch until after I replaced it. So i never really
did a reset of the system after installing the new cell because the system would not turn on because the flow switch didn't work. So I reset the system in accordance with manufacturers instructions. I got chorine better after that 2.2 but the chlorinator had been running for several weeks with out they system being reset. So it had worked a long time around the clock. I pulled off the cell and it was the dirtiest cell I have seen in all of the years (10+) since I have had this system. Then I cleaned the filter and the pre-filter and I have really great water pressure, still nice and blue pool and because it now actually has chorine I went ahead and put stabilizer in. I think I am winning and that my problem was caused by not resetting the system when the new cell was installed (because I couldn't and then I forgot after) and low water flow because the Cell was dirty because it ran in an unreset system. Anyway I doubt anyone was staying awake at night wondering about my predicament but I needed to catch up and I will finalize when I am happy with the pool again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.