AGP with Deep End - What Cleaner Do You Use?

Jun 19, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Hi all!

This question goes out to AGP Pool Owners who have deep ends or not so smooth floors.

I have read up on the boards and saw tons of great stuff about the Pool Rover, so I bought one. I am underwhelmed with the performance, it is not picking up everything (I watch it go over a section and pick up just some of the dirt) I also find while it is self propelled, it doesnt have the power to really push through the deep end section of the pool, so what usually happens is it wanders into the deep end and then stays down there for the 2 hours. Sadly, even when it does that, the deep end isn't even sparkling.

So just wondering if anyone with a similar pool setup has found a cleaner that works really well for them? I like the idea of the the robot since I seem to have major issues getting the air out of vacuum hoses, and I like that I can get alot of the junk without it going into the filter.

Wondering if anyone uses an in-ground robot for their AGP, or something other than the Pool Rover that works well for them.

Let me know!

I second this request. I have a deep end also and all of the above ground automatic cleaners are for flat bottom pools. I 've been concerned that the inground cleaners would somehow damage my pool. My pool bottom is not the smoothest and I have numerous wrinkles in the liner.

Johanna

The Polaris 65 or it's counterpart the Polaris 165 would work. However it is more of a large debris cleaner (i.e. leaves, twigs, etc.). There are no suction hoses to prime as it hooks into the return fitting. There would also not be any issues of it getting stuck at the deeper end as it is drags a bag beneath it to trap debris.

Although the Polaris 165 is made for in-ground pools I included as it does have a longer tail when compared to the Polaris 65. A longer tail may be needed depending on how deep the pool is.

We have the Zodiac Ranger. It climbs the walls and everything. We just let it run all night and the pool is clean by morning - although we're possibly battling mustard algae now, so I'm manually cleaning the pool. But I think the book says it should finish in about 4 hours. It just plugs into the special hole beneath our skimmer - it's the suction type. I think it ran us $150 or less. But it gets our 7' deep end just great, as well as the walls.

Also a Zodiac Ranger- used it for the first time yesterday. It would go down into the deep section and then climb back out without any assistance. It did have a tendency to want to go round and round the edge of the wall, so had to push it back into the middle from time to time with a leaf net on a pole. I may shorten the hose by one section to see if that keeps it in the middle more next time. Connects into the hole beneath the skimmer in Doughboy pools, or directly into the skimmer. I had mine on low so it did not climb the walls- our pool is only a week old and did not want to risk the liner being sucked up into the cleaner. I bought mine from a pool store that had all the major models of cleaners going in several different size and shape AGP, and they considered the ranger to be the best for dirt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.