Intelliph with Ic 40 and easy touch

dumbcluck

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 3, 2013
long beach, CA
I'm thinking about adding an intelliph system into my remodel. I will have all pentair equipment except for raypak heAter for spa.
It is my understanding that this works well with easy touch and ic40. I will have a 24" spillover from spa to pool. If spillover and swg both require more acid than otherwise it seems to me a good idea to also install the intelliph.
Any thoughts in this? Good, bad or unnecessary?
Thanks

Have you found that the pH is rising fast requiring the addition of a lot of acid?

The IntellipH is one option. It is strictly a time-based acid addition and does not have a sensor to control the acid addition. So you would have to keep an eye on it and adjust the output.

There are other standalone acid automation systems that include pH sensors that are likely cheaper than the IntelipH.

Still no water in the pool Jason. We are the demo phase of the resurrection now.
Just trying to think ahead so we don't wish we had added something later after the fact.
We are starting from scratch equipment and plumbing wise. Basically the only thing reuse able is the pool shell. Since we are pretty much doing a new build and using some (nearly) top of the line equipment and automation already what's another $450 to save me from carrying around and dumping acid into the pool a couple of times a week?
We will have pentair easy touch w/ic40 cell and screen logic 2 which I hear pair up well with the intelli ph system.
Just looking to see if there are any negatives I may have overlooked other than possible malfunction and dumping too much acid in at once. I figure since it is all getting installed together now would be the best time to incorporate it if ever.
Thanks

Only negatives I've seen reported on the IntelliPH are that the Stenner pump on it will go in ~ 2 to 3 seasons due to acid vapor corrosion and that the acid injection port (the thing you plug into your PVC) also tends to only last a season or two before failure. The pumps and ports are relatively cheap and easy to replace so I don't think it's a huge issue cost-wise.

I like the IntelliPH system as it pairs up nicely with an IC SWG. It's also duty-cycle based which takes a lot of guess work out of the process when you don't have to debug faulty pH probes (Pentair IntelliChem is pH/ORP probe-based dosing). Most residential pools don't need constant little tweaks to the acid supply. Most just need seasonal adjustments and one-off dosing after heavy rains or big pool parties. The IntelliPH is also tied into the IC40 through the IntelliTouch automation so that it only doses acid if the SWG is running and flow is detected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the IntelliPH system as it pairs up nicely with an IC SWG. It's also duty-cycle based which takes a lot of guess work out of the process when you don't have to debug faulty pH probes (Pentair IntelliChem is pH/ORP probe-based dosing). Most residential pools don't need constant little tweaks to the acid supply. Most just need seasonal adjustments and one-off dosing after heavy rains or big pool parties. The IntelliPH is also tied into the IC40 through the IntelliTouch automation so that it only doses acid if the SWG is running and flow is detected.

Will acid still be dosed in the winter when the SWG isn't producing chlorine?

The shut off temp is 52 degrees and he'll probably not have to worry too much about it shutting off. The lowest I've seen my water temp is 56 and I run my Jandy Aquapure all year long. We live about a mile or so from each other.

Will acid still be dosed in the winter when the SWG isn't producing chlorine?

The IntelliPH has a function that allows you to do a manual "one-off" dose even when the SWG is not running. Down here in AZ (and I imagine the same is true in the OP's home Long Beach CA), the pool will run during the winter so I expect there will be some automatic acid dosing. Either way, it's pretty easy to get the system to "dose on demand".

We originally had an IntelliPH spec'd in our build, but I ran out of equipment budget so it was the system I put off until later. I follow a lot of posts on TFP related to the IntelliPH (I'll keep a eye on this thread as well!!) and I'm slowly building up my savings to get one. Looking forward to the day I get to buy one and do a DIY install of it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.