Salt water pool is light green in color....HELP PLEASE!!!

Aug 20, 2014
columbia, la
i have a 16x42 above ground metal frame salt water pool. i have drained, cleaned, vacuumed & refilled the pool 6 times & each time it will be clear for 1 day then start turning a light green tint in color & have little brown spots on the bottom of the pool. i drained, cleaned, refilled pool & added salt monday. pool looked good tuesday nigh before i went to bed water was clear & no light green color. water readings were: total hardness 100, total chlorine 1, free chlorine 1, bromine 2, pH 7.2, total alkalinity 40, stabilizer 50 & salt 2630. wednesday mornin i woke up to clear water but pool was light green color. water readings were: total hardness 100, total chlorine 1, free chlorine 1, bromine 2, pH 7.8, total alkalinity 120, stabilizer 50 & salt 2630. i was told to reduce pH, increase hardness, add algacide & salt. its been 8 hrs & now pool is no longer light green color its green. water readings are: total hardness 100, total chlorine 1, free chlorine 0, bromine 0, pH 7.8, total alkalinity 40, stabilizer 50 & salt 3090. i dont know what else to do, i've been fighting this pool for over a month. HELP PLEASE!!!!!

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Well, the only thing worse than test strips would be listening to pool store testing ... or maybe that is vice versa ;)
If you want to understand and control your pool, you need to invest in one of the Recommended Test Kits.

To clear up the pool you will have to follow the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process and that requires the FAS-DPD chlorine test included in the recommended test kits.

How much Pool School have you read? Start with these:
ABCs of Water Chemistry
Recommended Pool Chemicals
How to Chlorinate Your Pool
Water Balance for SWGs

Also, please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you in the future.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.