Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: i've had better days with my pool..

1. Back To Top    #1

i've had better days with my pool..

first, it appears my autopilot power supply may have crapped out yesterday..i still have green lights, no scale, salts good but no chlorine output.

then today, i turned off valves and filter for some reason..and forgot about it while i made supper and started watching tv..decided to go outside to check my cya and as i was walking to my pool shed, spidey sense went off..ran to the shed, it's hot, **** hot. hit the power switches on the equipment...touch one of the hoses and it's hot too..praying that the pump is not destroyed (or cracked as i read someone had happen yesterday) i take off a few of the fittings and check they are ok, check the fittings on the pump, no cracks..re-attach and fire it up. appears ok..i think i dodged a pretty good size bullet tonight.
    • 15K IG gunite/plaster pool • Pentair: Whisperflo EE 1 HP • Nautilus FNS + 48 DE Filter • IntelliChlor IC40 •
    • Spectrum Amerlite SAm • Admiral S20 Skimmer - Circular Weir • Kreepy Krauly •

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: i've had better days with my pool..

Take a deep breath, thank the pool gods, and tell yourself that tomorrow will be better.
    24' x 52" AGP - approx 13,500 gallons
    Pentair Optiflo 1 hp/2sp pump w/ Swimpro Voyager 150 sq ft cartridge filter
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: i've had better days with my pool..

lol..that's awesome..i will do that..i need to de-stress so i'm goinf ro a week to....the lake..more water..argghhhhh see you in awhile!
    • 15K IG gunite/plaster pool • Pentair: Whisperflo EE 1 HP • Nautilus FNS + 48 DE Filter • IntelliChlor IC40 •
    • Spectrum Amerlite SAm • Admiral S20 Skimmer - Circular Weir • Kreepy Krauly •