Leaking multiport valve

daleyfolk

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 2, 2014
Boise,Idaho
Water is pooling by handle in multiport valve. (More so as the summer progresses)

It operates fine as far as back washing, waste.
Although I do have a problem vacuuming in filter mode.I get fine dirt blowing back into my pool.

To eliminate valve as the problem, I'm thinking I should replace it? It's ancient.

image.jpg

Thank you in advance for your opinion.

Might be worth just opening it up and inspecting the seals. There are some on the shaft that must be allowing water up by the handle. And if the spider gasket is damages, that could allow the debris to bypass the filter.

To disassemble: I have seen Youtube videos showing to put the handle inbetween two settings before disassembling. And One advised to put the handle on "winterize" ( on mine, I assume would be "closed"? ) Which of these would be correct?
Thank you!

You would put it between settings so that the spring is not pushing up on the lid while you are removing the screws.

Not on the left of your picture there is the flat part of the plastic around that screw. That is the indicator to make sure you put the lid back on in the correct orientation.

Thank you. So now, I have replaced the spider gasket, and the pool guy replaced some gaskets in the MPv handle. I also replaced the o ring in my pump basket.
I turned the system on and a couple of PVC joints near the pump are leaking substantially now�� (didn't leak before)
Pool guy will come fix those for me tomorrow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.