Booster Pump hose connection

Apr 18, 2008
I'm having a problem with leaking with my connection between the top of my booster pump and the hose. I was getting a significant leak so I tired to tighten and subsequently broke the plastic connector between the hose and the pump. So I purchased a new one and installed however leak continued. I tried using plumbers tape on the threads of the connector and that seem to help some. It barley leaks when the main pump is running but when the booster pump is on to run the polaris the leak becomes more significant. Is the connector not supposed to have a washer that goes between the plastic connector and the metal top of the booster pump? I had mine professionally installed the first time and he did not use a washer or tape. However, I can't seem to completely stop the leak now. Any suggestions? I attached a photo and circled the area in question.

Thanks.

Attachments

• pool pump.JPG
    pool pump.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 207
quick question to help clarify the problem. Which side of the fitting is the leak from? Is on the pump side or the hose side?

I do know the hose side of the fitting requires a normal garden hose-type washer (at least it does in my setup).

Jim

I had to replace the booster pump hoses recently. Everything Polaris is so expensive! But I got the "Original Service Hose" it says part D45 on the bag, and it had 4 red parts that are a combo of O ring and spacing nut, I'll try to upload a picture later, but I did not have any of that on my original installation, and all done just by hand tightening, is working good for me, no leaks.

The leak is on the hose side. I would think a washer would be needed as well but nothing came with it. I'm going to try and find one that will fit at the hardware store and see if that helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.