EasyTouch Programming possible?

onajet

Aug 20, 2014
Irvine, CA
I have a Pentair EasyTouch single body and salt sub panel and am planning to add an Intelliflo pump and salt system (IC-40).

The IC-40 instructions state that the salt transformer conductors are connected to the PUMP SIDE OF THE MAIN FILTER PUMP RELAY so the IntelliChlor cell produces chlorine only when the main filter pump is on.

I have a waterfall and at times I would like to have the waterfall flowing with the pool filter system (pump running) without having the salt system on (swimmers may be in the pool and I don’t want chlorine production during their swim).

Is it possible via programming or wiring the salt system to another relay to have the pump running without the salt on?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

The reason to wire the SWG to the pump power is to ensure that the SWG can not run when the pump is not running. This is a safety feature. If you put the SWG on a different relay, then it is possible to turn the SWG on when the pump is not on.

There is no reason to not run the SWG when people are swimming ... it is perfectly safe and the FC is added very slowly.

There may be a way to have the SWG not run when you switch to waterfall mode (assuming that is automated), but I am not familiar enough with the Pentair systems to help you figure that out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.