What chemical level to adjust first?

Pne123

Aug 11, 2014
Anderson, ca
I just receive my tf-100 and completed the testing of my water. Now what?

FC 5. Good

pH 7.2 low but might be good since TA is high and poolmath says to lower pH to 7.2 before lowering TA. Add 11oz of soda ash to raise to7.5

TA 120. High. PM does not tell me what to add to lower to 70

CH 85. Good.

CYA 30. Low. Add 27 oz of stabilizer to increase to 70. Can I do this now or do I need to fix high TA first?

Combined chloramines 0.5. I test for this but PM does not reference CC

First, how does your water look? the TA will take care of itself when you lower acid. If you dont have any problems with PH rising then I really wouldnt worry about TA. CYA can be raised at any point and be dissolving in a sock... to me your numbers look really good... if the water is clear just get the cya in a sock and make sure to keep CL up

Add CYA in a sock either in front of a return or in the skimmer basket.

Don't sweat the pH. It's low, but it will likely creep up by itself in an SWG pool.

I recommend leaving the TA alone, too. It will cause the pH to creep up faster, and as you add acid to keep the pH from hitting 8.0, you'll lower the TA, too. It won't cause any harm at the current level; there is no reason for you to work at pushing it down immediately. Instead, keep an eye on the pH. As you keep the pH in line, the TA will find its own happy place.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.