Proline Chlorinator Not Working

Aug 19, 2014
Shickshinny/PA
HELP! We just got our pool up and running at the end of July. We got this pool used from a friend. It sat in his storage shed for a year. The Proline chlorinator still had chlorine granules stuck in a big lump still in it. After my husband dug the lump out the best he could, we decided to go with bromine since we heard it was better for our skin. I went to have our water tested for the second time and our bromine level is .4. The lady at the pool store told me to see if the screen on the chlorinator was clogged. I came home and removed all of the bromine that I had left in the chlorinator (about half full) and cannot find a screen anywhere. The dial is all the way up on the chlorinator. What else can I do?

Any help is greatly appreciated!! We are leaving for vacation next friday and I'd really like to get this resolved.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.