Electrical Upgrade

Trying to wrap up a gunite pool install and its time to do electric. I have a pump with recirc and pool light, standard electric outlet within 20 feet per code. The electrician has agreed to upgrade the cable at his cost (wink) to allow me to feed my pool building at a later date which will be right next to the pump.

He's saying he was going to use 10 Gauge normally and I should use 6 gauge to allow me more amperage. Keep in mind he's paid to run the 10 gauge and he wants 211 bucks to upgrade. I dont expect him to do it at cost, he prolly doesnt make much for these installs..

Is it worth doing? Is he bending me over?

Its probably a good price. Copper is expensive. Call several local electrical supply houses and price out the wire required. That will tell you what is profit is, if any.

Using 6 gauge is also probably a good idea. It will allow you flexibility later on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.