Bottom spots, use a brush?

Jun 5, 2014
Brentwood, Ca (Nor-Cal)
Pool Size
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
How often does everyone use a brush on their intex? Had mine setup a little before 7/4 and never brushed but swam a few times. I'm using the bleach method, adding daily. I did skip a day or 2 and recently noticed some spots/liner crease stains. I took my leaf rake and went over the area and it disappeared. Adding a bunch of bleach as I left town and a few spots appeared. Added more bleach, I need to test. I have ever been rinsing same filter as well as it hasn't been dirty besides tree needles. Possible culprit?

I'm thinking I need to buy a brush for the bottom, any special type I need? Or any safe for intex? Was going to buy a intex maintenance kit but I use the Hayward skimmer and plan on upgrading pumps.

Just so happens the little woman decided to vacuum tonight. So here is a picture

53b736534fc7a270dd214d8d0d4f41bb.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hmm... it doesn't show one does it? I bought ours at a local farm and ranch store named Atwood's. It was only about $40 with everything in your link + the leaf rake/net. I do remember when I bought it the box didn't say anything about having a hose. Nothing in the wording or pictures, so I picked up a separate vacuum hose so I could use it that day. Got home and opened the box and the intex hose was inside the box. I wish I could tell you which exact kit I bought.

This one has everything that came in the kit I bought.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to run by Atwood's after work. I will try to remember to look at the model number on the one they carry.

I brush every few days because I get a little algae in the creases. I have been brushing all summer and figured out today that it is easier to brush if I get in the pool. Now that the pool is 92, getting in is enjoyable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.