Question about my new AGP

Apr 13, 2013
I recently scored an awesome deal at Toysrus (wrong sign :D) and got an intex 18 x 52 ultra for only 193!!! I am in the process of expanding my pad site to accomidate it as my old pool was a 15x48. I already have a http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/Waterway-520-1601-Above-Ground-Filter-System-TWM-30-S-Sand-with-Trap/520-1601.htm?xzm2&ecmpid=aw_pla_search_520-1601&adtype=paid&gclid=CKHDk5CNnsACFQQSMwodWhAATg (Waterway 1/2 hp with 16 inch sand filter.) This pump should still be adequate right? I have also salvages my haywood wide mouth skimmer that i will use after i get a new gasket. I want to automate my clorine this time around. So i have two choices either an inline chlorinator with liquid chlorine or a SWG. Intex has a SWG but i am unsure if it will work properly with the output of the waterway pump being greater than intex pumps. So i came here for suggestions. I have been a TFP user since i discovered this site, and was helped to clear a green pool with bleach (lol i can still hear my wife yelling dont put bleach in the pool HAHA.) So I trust the opinions here. Also if it matters the pool will be hard plummed.

Thanks
G

The Intex SWG should work with the Waterway pump. It is my understanding that Waterway has proprietary fittings so you may need to reuse and adapt what you have to hook everything up.

The Intex SWG should work with the Waterway pump. It is my understanding that Waterway has proprietary fittings so you may need to reuse and adapt what you have to hook everything up.

Naw the waterway uses standard size, i had it hard plummed on my old pool. So SWG would be a better option than an inline chlorinator?. Also I always struggle with PH. I live in texas so i have to add lots of water due to evaporation and my fill water has a PH close to 8. How can i naturally drop it add a fountain maybe?

Thanks
G

The fountain will aerate the pool and cause the pH to drift up. The SWG will also cause pH to rise. If you add those you will still need to keep a close eye on the pH. Which part of Texas do you live in? How high is your total alkalinity? It may be contributing to your pH rise.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.