Replace DE filter grid or buy a new one?

ssnui

Aug 19, 2007
My pool is 15K g in-ground pool, I recently open the filter (Anthony VA) to clean because I got dust coming back into the pool. Turn out there are anout 3-4 grid got hole in it so I need to replace those. I have not clean the filter for a while, back wash I do it regularly. I'm thinking while I'm at it, just replace the whole set which will come out about ~$170, while the new filter is about $425 (Hayward Perflex EC65A DE Swimming Pool Filter). I need your advice, should I just replace the grid (the old filter is about > 6-8 years), or buy the whole new one. Another question is the EC65A is enough for my pool? Thanks.

Is you filter housing cracked and faded? If so you may want to replace the whole thing. Those cracks eventually start leaking and there isn't anything you can do, except check your warranty. If I remember correctly Hayward has a pretty long warranty on the housing. If the housing is in good shape I'd just replace the panels. We went through the same thing with our previous pool, although I replaced the panels as they failed one or two at a time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.