Grill disaster - need help!

DOMO

Bronze Supporter
Mar 13, 2013
Rowley, MA
So, was having a great night with the family. Kids were here (I'm a divorced father of 2 boys), and I was teaching my 12 yr old how to cook a pork tenderloin on the grill (as he's very interested in cooking). Grill was pre-heated, cleaned and we put the tenderloin on for the 7-6-5 method. In only 2.5 minutes, we had a grease flare up and unfortunately, I had stepped away from the grill and didn't catch it when it first happened. The grill is totally DESTROYED!!!!! Back burner won't stop trying to light, but much worse, 3 of the 5 burner controls won't turn at all, it seems that everything inside the grill melted. It was a Jenn Air 5 burner built in, and while not a fancy, expensive grill, I really liked it (for the price). Unfortunately, it's discontinued and I need to find a replacement ASAP. Cost is going to be a HUGE factor, but I don't want a piece of junk either. I'm no gril lmaster, mostly burgers, sausages, steaks, chicken,etc, but we use it a lot year round (in New England). The opening in the granite counter is 32.5" w x 20.5" d (and 10" of face clearance). We have a natural gas line run to the island, so it has to be NG (no propane). Just took a quick look at 'low priced' built in grills and the Bull Outlaw 4 burner looked decent for 999. At other suggestions?

Hi again, so after looking at MANY grills online, it appears my situation is worse than just financial! I am having difficulty finding any grill that will work with my opening of 32.5" wide. I really don't want to have to pay someone to cut the granite for a larger opening and have to redesign the island face opening as we'll to accommodate. Wondering if anyone sells 'extension ears' for their grills to accommodate this type of situation?

Thanks, a good idea that I had thought about. Or even have them (or someone) cut the 'ears' off my old one. That's assuming a. The side walls of the new grill are strong enough to support the weight and b. there is enough internal clearance on the new grill to be able to tap screws into it. Right?

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, just took a look at the current grill, those 'ears' appear to be a full side plate that just screws into the side of the grill and into the back of the front control plate. I'm assuming there is enough internal room on most grills to just screw these into the side walls and be on my way?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.