Hot Tub piping issue

Aug 17, 2014
Cape Coral, FL
Hi everyone.

I just installed a second hand hot tub at my house. I went and filled it up and noticed there is water coming out the top of a inner piping assembly. This is essentally a manifold that feeds all the jets. At first I thought it was some type of overflow because I originally put a little too much water in it but it never stopped coming out regardless of the amount of water in it.

If I turn the jets or blower on I noticed that it stops leaking and it sucks air inside of the top of the pipe which leads me to believe this should maybe stay open.

My question: Should I buy a cap to cap this off or is there some type of valve inside that needs to be replaced?

Please see the attached photo.

Thanks so much everyone.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 28
:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I am guessing that there is supposed to be some kind of check valve to prevent water from entering the pipe, but allowing the air to be sucked in.
Maybe there are supposed to be small check valves on all of the little tubes ... do they all fill with water?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.