Multi-port Valve Question - Losing Water

Jul 11, 2012
Houston, Texas
Should there be sitting water in the crevice on top near the handle? We recently had a pool company come out and replace the multi-port valve and booster pump and have since been losing water. I can only imagine the valve top isn't seated correctly onto the gasket or there is a defect in its construction. We are sitting some sitting water on top though and wondered if that was normal.

Beyond that, I can only assume there might be leaks in the return lines since we hadn't ran a booster pump in some time. The water loss seems to only really occur with the pump on, so I imagine one of these two is the culprit.

Appreciate it.

Is the water just sitting on top of the valve or dripping down the sides as well. I wouldn't imagine just a small amount of sitting water (very small leak) on the valve would cause a noticeable water loss. It's more likely related to the booster pump or the lines associated with it. Please be more specific and investigate some more.

No, I don't see it leaking anymore than just the water sitting on the top of the valve. I guess I could clear it up with a towel and run the pump to see if it refills. I just didn't know if it was normal to have water sitting in the grooves if the valve was functioning properly.

I don't believe this is where the water loss is coming from, I'm just wondering if it is a symptom that the valve itself is leaking more inside the chambers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.