Howdy from Texas

Aug 17, 2014
Lake Jackson, Tx.
Hello,

I bought a house with a pool, a friend from work said "welcome to misery". My goal is to not be miserable and enjoy the pool. This website offers a simple and affordable methodology to maintaining the pool so it appeals and makes sense to me. Thanks for all the info. I have a few questions but I don't know enough to ask just yet. I'm told the screen enclosure will help with maintaining the pool but it looks like it will need maintenance as well. As of now, I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Attachments

• Pool 1.jpg
    Pool 1.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 82
  • Pool2.jpg
    Pool2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 82
Hi, welcome to TFP! The screen is nice and may help keep some dirt and leaves out, but that's about it. At this point the best investment you can make in your pool is an FAS/DPD test kit, such as a Taylor K2006 or a TF 100 . Either of these kits will allow you to do all the tests needed to maintain the pool. If you can post a current set of test results we can let you know if there is anything you should be keeping an eye on for the future. Right now the pool and porch look pretty nice! Congratulations on the new house!

Thanks for the welcome. I ordered my Taylor K2006 and waiting for it to come in. My niece is dating a pool guy and he came by and checked it out. All he did was put a test strip in it. He said they are accurate and for him time is money. When the kit comes in I will post numbers.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

The enclosure will certainly keep leaves and other debris out as well as mosquitoes. I have one tree on the property and that's in the front yard. Nevertheless, I'm always amazed at how many leaves still manage to get into the pool.

Biggest risk to the enclosure that I see is from snow/ice buildup which is why I don't have one in DFW. However, where you are located (near the Gulf Coast) this is much less of a concern.