Diamond Brite vs Fiberglass

Aug 16, 2014
Canton
Hi everyone, newbie here. We are considering a pool and I have been doing a lot of research and I ran across this site. Great site by the way!! No disrespect to the concrete owners here, but I have been leaning towards a fiberglass pool (Leisure Or Trilogy) due to the issue I keep hearing about having to re-plaster a concrete pool every 8-10 years for a cost of 10-15K. So I am reading some of your posts and now I am wondering if I go with Pebble Tec, would you still be redoing it every 8-10 years? Or this this way better than plaster and it lasts a long long time? How long? What's the warranty? Thank you for your responses!!

Pebble is notorious for its longevity, so no - you shouldn't have to do it every 8-10 years. I don't even think standard plaster pools need to be re-done in 8-10 years, that seems awfully short.

10-15k seems ridiculously expensive for a re-plaster. My neighbor just re-plastered his pool / spa and had all of the tile re-done for $5500. It was a quartz finish as well which is supposed to last longer than standard plaster.

So in summary, it should last significantly longer and cost significantly less than the figures you were told :)

Pebble Tec or Pebble Sheen has a 15 year warranty and will much longer than its warranty when properly maintained. Concrete builders will beat up on fiberglass pools and vinyl pools, fiberglass installers will beat up on vinyl and concrete pools, and vinyl companies will beat up on fiberglass and concrete pools! We have been in business for 38 years and do concrete pools, vinyl pools, and did fiberglass pools in the past.

ps. We do a lot of work in Canton! If you would like an estimate from us, please call Hilltop Pools and Spas at 770-471-3889.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.