AQL-P4 "Chlorinator Off"

Aug 30, 2012
Installed in 2007. Replaced Tcell15 this spring. Last week received "No cell power" and performed circuit board solder fix....all OK after that. Today the chlorine level was very low so I manually turned on the pump and verified generation (plastic hose directly from discharge jet). Ran errands for a few hours and came home to the message "Chlorinator off". Diagnostic menu showed 0 V and 0 A, but I cannot remember temp and salt level displayed.

Turned off pump and restarted. Running OK for the last hour...Diagnostic menu indicates -26.6V -7.56A 88/89 degrees temp and 3100 ppm (almost identical readings on the + polarity).

What would cause the chlorinator to turn off and display the "Chlorinator off" message? Would a cell temperature of 90 degrees do it?

Thank you in advance.

Wayne

Welcome to TFP!

That is normal if your output is less than 100%. The % setting is the amount of time the SWG is generating over some period of time (like 2 hours or something).

Jason, thank you for the reply. However chlorination is/was set at 100%. Ran pump for 2 hours yesterday and could not re-create the error. Chlorine in pool came up to "low ideal".

Tested this a.m. and again NO measurable chlorine. Ran pump on Hi for 1/2 hour and Low 1.5 hours checking display every 15 minutes...all ok. Rechecked pool chlorine in a different location and it was off the chart high. Total pump time at night is 3 hours so I would think chlorine would be evenly distributed in the water...apparently not. I take all samples about a foot away from the edge and a foot underwater. There is a bubble cover on the pool.

Will take several readings tomorrow a.m. before panicking about equipment (still does not explain "Chlorinator off").

The equipment shown in my original post is NOT mine and I will delete/correct. Pool is FG, 21,000 gal with a 1 1/2 hp Intelliflow 2 speed pump and Polaris 280 with 1 1/2 hp pump.

Thanks again.

Wayne

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.