Muriatic acid 31.45% in Scottsdale AZ?

Joyz

Aug 4, 2014
AZ
We recently tackled lowering the CYA in our pool and my husband accidentally drained our pool overnight (leaving the pump on waste--whoops!). We refilled and our CYA is 0 now. I did pool math and am adding stabilizer granules. I am adding a pound each day (twice so far) because I'm afraid to overdo it. I still haven't gotten a reading yet for the CYA. Please let me know if this is wrong.

Our TA is 190 and the muriatic acid I got at Home Depot did nothing to change it. The only one we could find at our local store was their Green line and I couldn't find any indication of its strength. I'm guessing it's really low based on the pool not changing. I saw they also carry one made for pools at half strength. Can anyone recommend a place in Scottsdale AZ to get the 31.45% concentration (we are in North Scottsdale near Pima and Pinnacle Peak)?

Thank you!
Joy

I cannot help with where for find the MA.

CYA-It takes a week for the CYA to show up on the test. When I started my pool I used pool math and aimed for the lower end of a good level for CYA. I tested 2 days after adding and it showed 0, I tested again 2 days later (total of 4 days after adding) the test showed 20. I tested again 6 days from adding and it showed 30 which is what I wast aiming for. I waited a couple more days and it was still at 30.

I have raised my level to 40 and it has stayed there.

Kim

Check out A & M Corson's. They have a 4 pack of MA of the good stuff from HasaPool.com that you can put a $6.00 deposit down and get it for real cheap ($17.99 near me). Here is their address:
2980 N. 73rd Street, Scottsdale, AZ 85251

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.