Can algae live...

I have a spare set of hoses from my old pump before I installed my sand filter. Can algae live in the hoses even though they are dry and have not been used in over a year? They have a greenish tint from when my old pump failed. Just wondering in case I need them. Also, I read somewhere that cartridge filters are better than sand filters. They are not talking about the standard paper cartridge that Intex sells with their pools right?

If the hoses are dry for that long. The algae must be dead and maybe you just see stains.

Cartridges are not necessarily better than sand filters. They are different with different pluses and minuses. While they are talking about the paper type filters, the Intex versions are far too small and cheap. For Intex, the sand filters are far superior to their cartridges. But for larger pools and equipment, the bigger cart filters are preferred by some people.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.