Pool Light

I saw where somebody else had installed a dimmer on the light, and I am thinking of doing the same. It is MUCH easier to put a dimmer on the deck, then to pull the light out of the water and change the bulb!

My light is an AquaLumin II with a 250 watt Halogen tube type bulb. I got a replacement from a local hardware store, it is the same type bulb that is used in some work and yard lights. They come in different lengths and wattages, so make sure that you get one that fits your fixture. Good Luck!!!

I would skip the Halogen and move to LED. I use the Pentair Intellibrite lights and have been very pleased with them. IntelliBrite LED pool lights need only 37 watts to create the same light output as traditional incandescent and halogen pool lights do at 200 watts—more than 87% less! That’s because incandescent and halogen bulbs use only a small amount of their electricity consumption for emitting light. LED lights, by contrast, use 100% of energy to produce light. The life of an IntelliBrite LED is approximately 30,000+ hours compared to only 5,000 hours for a traditional incandescent bulb. Intial cost is high, but the cost savings in replacements and energy outweigh this.

Installed a push ON/OFF dimmer(it was only $5) and it works fine. The only fly in the ointment is the water-resistant cover wouldn't close because of the amount that knob stuck out. I massaged the knob and the shaft to get the lid to close. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.