Lubrication Questions

1. The silicone lubrication for o-rings, should that be food grade?
  2. Can the product also be labeled as a "sealant"?
  3. Will this and this sealant work?
no and no. Those are both a silicone based "glue"

While with all the chemicals we use I'm not sure food grade is required, it never hurts. I use something like this that I have from my dive days

You want a lubricant, not a sealant/glue. Be careful with searches as silicone lubricant brings up a lot of adult type items!

Does anyone have a link to something sold at Walmart?

This should work, right? A couple of people in the reviews used it for their o-rings.

Yes, I already saw the Walmart brand "personal lubrication" in their search results.
yup, that will work.

When you get down to it the "personal lubricant" would probably work also, but I don't want the looks from the cashier or my wife.......

Great, saw your post, read an Amazon review, and it is a thin liquid. Back to looking... I may have to order something online.

What about that Magic Lube from Leslie's, is it silicone based? Does Pinch-A-Penny have a silicone lube? I can't find the lubes on either of their websites.

EDIT: If someone doesn't know of a cheap lube to get somewhere, I'll just order online. I read that pool store lubes are marked up.

I am used to seeing it in a tube so it is like a grease. That bottle looks like more of a liquid.
back in the olden days when I taught diving it came as a grease, an aerosol spray and as almost a liquid like that one. They all performed the same function in lubrication of o rings. Due to the pressures and breathing ours had to be food grade with absolutely no petroleum distillates.

Great, saw your post, read an Amazon review, and it is a thin liquid. Back to looking... I may have to order something online.

What about that Magic Lube from Leslie's, is it silicone based? Does Pinch-A-Penny have a silicone lube? I can't find the lubes on either of their websites.

EDIT: If someone doesn't know of a cheap lube to get somewhere, I'll just order online. I read that pool store lubes are marked up.
just for o ring lubrication that one will work.

Heck, even the air in a pool store is marked up. I know I posted this before, but I need a 500 watt bulb for my pool. On line $14.99, pool store $39.99. When I questioned the price (I'm willing to pay a little more for convenience) the pool stor manager said that's the price, take it or leave it.....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm happy you posted that link, jblizzle! I somehow missed that product. That's basically the same price as the liquid, and it is in stock at my local store. I will go with it.

Heck, even the air in a pool store is marked up. I know I posted this before, but I need a 500 watt bulb for my pool. On line $14.99, pool store $39.99. When I questioned the price (I'm willing to pay a little more for convenience) the pool stor manager said that's the price, take it or leave it.....

I guess I got lucky with Ace. Their products are cheaper than Walmart's! I have yet to get pool stored by them. I avoid Leslie's, who pool stored me on my first visit.

I'm happy you posted that link, jblizzle! I somehow missed that product. That's basically the same price as the liquid, and it is in stock at my local store. I will go with it.

I guess I got lucky with Ace. Their products are cheaper than Walmart's! I have yet to get pool stored by them. I avoid Leslie's, who pool stored me on my first visit.
I missed the link too....

The Ace near me is a little hole in the wall with little stock. Give me a good family run hardware store any day.

I bought my tablet floater there for $6, versus Walmart's $8 one. Ace's is more durable, also. I also get 2.5 gal of 10% for ~ $4.30. Only problem with Ace is some of the price labels are missing. I often have to ask employees prices.

I bought my tablet floater there for $6, versus Walmart's $8 one. Ace's is more durable, also. I also get 2.5 gal of 10% for ~ $4.30. Only problem with Ace is some of the price labels are missing. I often have to ask employees prices.
I've wanted to ask, "central Florida" covers a big territory. Close to the mouse? After 30+ years in Ft. Lauderdale I miss quick trips to the house that Walt built.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.