Spa Air Blower Turns Off after running a few minutes

Jun 14, 2013
Austin, TX
Hi - I have a pool/spa that was completed last fall. My problem is that my blower (Silencer 1.5hp) runs for a few minutes and then stops.

Other information: the spa has 6 Waterway Poly Storm jets and is about 40' from the equipment pad. I run the VSP pump at high speed (3100 RPM) when in spa mode. I have not used the blower much until recently, so I did not know about the problem previously.

Any troubleshooting assistance would be appreciated.

Does it trip the circuit breaker ??

Have you tried to disconnect it from the system so it could just blow air out without and resistance to see if it runs OK that way ... maybe it's blowing into a restriction ??

If you can also try to see if you can turn it by hand. It should turn smoothly and freely.

Hi - thanks for the reply!

1) No, it does not trip the circuit breaker, it just quits blowing.

2) I disconnected from the discharge pipe and it ran longer (about 25 minutes) before it stopped working. This unit attaches to a threaded connector, which has a built-in check valve (the valve moves freely).

3) I'm not sure what you mean about it turning it by hand. This unit is constructed as a unit where the motor/impeller is not accessible. The suction and discharge from the unit appear to function normally.

It is probably overloaded in some way and is tripping the internal thermal limiter switch. Does it take a few minutes before it will start up again?

I think there is an issue with the motor in the blower. There is an extra load on the motor and it could be a bearing but it could just be really dirty on the inside. If you can take it apart and clean it, it might help.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I had the same issue. Pool builder replaced unit with different (slower hp) and different brand. Still does the same thing. Powers off, them back on. Irritating.

Hope you have better luck. My pb is not a problem solver, therefore relationship too strained to ever fix anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.