filter too big?

Nov 23, 2007
I have a 1hp pump for my 16x32x 48" pool. I have found a good deal on what I believe is a 24" sand filter from an inground pool. The old one from mine was a 18 or 19" filter. Is it possible to have too large a filter?

That is not to big of a filter. If it looks in good shape I would buy it.

Check the laterials to make sure none are broken. Try and find out why the guy is getting rid if it. The inlet and outlet should be 1.5 inch. I don't know the size of hose that you are using. There will be no problem with adapters.

Thanks guys, the guy was selling it because he used it in a pond and now the pond is not being used any longer. I actually found 2 filters. I bought a 20" jandy with 6 way valve for $40 and there is another pantera II which a is a starite product, its a 24" 300lb filter that I can have for $50. The only reason that I did not pick it up was it was full of sand. I may go back and get it yet. I'm just not sure where I can dump the sand on the ladies property, and there is no way I can lift it like it is. She ended up filling her pool with dirt as she thought it was too much trouble.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.